We will not be having clubs or tutoring for students Monday, April 21st – Friday, April 25th, due to CRCT testing. We will have only 1 carpool on those days at school dismissal time. Our After School Program (ASP) will be open until 6PM on all of those days and the monthly fee of $200 still applies for those days.
Clubs, teams and tutoring will resume Monday, April 28th. The last day of clubs for this school year will be Thursday, May 15th.
Would you like to learn about our competitive teams? Are you on a competitive team this year and want to do a competitive team next year? We will be holding information presentations about all competitive teams on Saturday, April 26th for the next school year so that we can begin the team formation.
• Destination Imagination (rising 2nd-5th graders) 8:00 AM
• Model UN (rising 4th-5th graders) 8:30 AM
• Robotics (rising 2nd-5th graders) 9:00 AM
• Media Festival (rising 2nd-5th) & Tech Fair (rising 3rd-5th) 10:00 AM
• Science Olympiad (rising 2nd-5th graders) 11:00 AM
• Math Olympiad (rising 2nd-5th graders) 12:00 PM
• Chess (rising K-5th graders) 1:00 PM
Please contact Mr. Duzyol at if you have any questions.
Fulton Sunshine Academy Elementary School FLL Team, Techno Pandas was awarded the Championship Award at the FIRST Lego League (FLL) State Championship held in Athens, GA on February 1st. Techno Pandas, comprised of 5th grade students Priya Soneji, Sohum Rao, Advait Amdekar, Meghana Raj, Sedat Akgun, and Aarni Iyer, is now qualified for FLL World Festival and will represent Georgia in St. Louis in April.
FLL is a robotics competition held annually all over the world and is rapidly gaining popularity in Georgia. Over 500 teams of students aged 9 to 14 years competed in the State of Georgia this year. The theme this year was Nature's Fury. Each team identified a specific severe weather situation and a problem associated with it. The teams had to then come up with an innovative solution to the problem.
It is indeed a remarkable achievement for a team made up of 5th grade students to compete alongside 8th graders and emerge as champions. Congratulations Techno Pandas!!!
Last Saturday, on January 25th, our Tech Fair Team competed at the Fulton County Schools Regional Tech Fair competition. We are pleased to announce that our students won 4 first places, 2 second places, and 3 third places! The winning students are:
• Quinn McKeever & Charles Lu – 1st Place for Digital Photography
• Syreya Sunil – 1st Place for Digital Video Production
• Varun Vijay – 1st Place for Mobile Applications
• Vinod Ruppa-Kasani – 1st Place for Multimedia Applications
• Aditya Munamarty – 2nd Place for Digital Game Design
• Sohum Rao – 2nd Place for Mobile Applications
• Yashad Gurude – 3rd Place for Animated Graphic Design
• Taha Tas – 3rd Place for Case Modification
• Dhriti Rajput – 3rd Place for Project Programming
Way to go Tech Fair Winners!!!
Sanjeev Uppaluri, a fifth grader at Fulton Sunshine Academy in Roswell, placed third in the national finals of the National Geographic Bee May 22 hosted by "Jeopardy!" personality Alex Trebek in Washington, D.C.
Sanjeev Uppaluri was the youngest student in the top 10 at 2013 nationals, and he received $10,000 as a scholarship from National Geographic Society.
The first day of school is Monday, August 12th. The school day will begin promptly at 7:40AM and end at 2:20PM.
We always follow the Fulton County Schools calendar for the school year and weather-related closings, as well as the Fulton County Schools standardized testing schedule. Please print out a copy of both, which are accessible below, and keep them posted in a convenient place so that you can plan your vacations when school is not in session and schedule doctor's appointments when there is no standardized testing for your child.
2013-2014 Standardized Testing Dates:
ITBS Testing Dates (Grade 3 and Grade 5):
October 21 - October 25, 2013
CRCT Testing Dates (Grades 3, 4 and 5):
April 16 – April 23, 2014
5th Grade Writing Assessment Testing Date:
March 5, 2014
3rd Grade Writing Assessment Testing Window:
March 17-28, 2014
FSA Yearbooks Now On Sale!
Order online only at www.Balfour.com today!
5th Grade Parents
Purchase your dedication page for the yearbook today!
Order online only at www.fultonsunshine.org
Go to "About FSA" then click on "Yearbook Online Order"
Fulton Sunshine Academy students received four 1st place awards at the Georgia Student Media Festival Competition on May 3rd! The winning students listed below, by project, will compete at the International Student Media Festival:
Project Names Student Names
Making Space Quest Aditya Munamarty
Thor, Mighty Viking Neil Thomas
Good Habits Manasa Golla and Sharath Ragila
Mice & Time Machine Vinod Ruppa-Kasani
Way to go Aditya, Neil, Manasa, Sharath, and Vinod!
As of July 1, 2012, Georgia law states that all school volunteers are now MANDATED REPORTERS and are required to report any suspected child abuse or neglect. Therefore, all Fulton Sunshine Academy Elementary School volunteers must be trained in the procedures for reporting.
1. This training can be completed online at the following site: https://media2.fultonschools.org/DistrictContent/Training/ChildAbuseandNeglect/player.html
2. Once you have completed the on-line mandated reporter training, please print out the certificate of completion and return a copy to your child's homeroom teacher.
3. Complete the Volunteer Registration Form if you have not already submitted one.
4. FSA ES will cross-reference the names of potential volunteers on the sex-offender registry to ensure they have clearance to work with children.
5. Volunteers will be required to sign in and present proper and valid state-issued identification upon arriving to Fulton Sunshine Academy to volunteer.
Thank you for taking the time to be a volunteer at Fulton Sunshine Academy Elementary School.